The Drag Box is designed for trench shoring constructions outside the city and for stable soils. It secures only a small section for the laying of the pipes. The front ends remain unshored and have to be sloped according to soil conditions.
The further excavation is effected ahead and the trench drag box is pulled through the excavated trench into the new working position. Filling and compacting is done behind the drag box whereas the pipe can be layed under protection of the trench shoring plates.
- outside the city
- without crossing lines
- outside the sphere of buildings and structures
- outside the sphere of traffic zones and endangered cables
- for temporarily stable soils
- for dry soils
- for mechanical compacting from above
- if settlements are acceptable
|Max installation depth:||bis 3.00m|
|Trench width:||1.15 – 6.15m|
|Strut clearance height:||1.85m|
|Mobile and chain excavator:||30 – 50ft|