We are currently in need of a Regional Temporary Works Design Engineer (Groundworks) to join our team and assist with a wide range of temporary works designs due to an increased workload and expansion within the UK proprietary excavation support market. You will be joining a small dynamic team within a rapidly growing company. The role will be both exciting and challenging with the successful candidate enjoying the rewards of an innovative company increasing its reputation and footprint within a highly competitive and specialist industry.
Typical Work Undertaken:
The NTS UK engineering team which is led by our experienced Technical & Design Director produce both project-specific and standard design solutions in line with British Standards or Eurocodes and CDM requirements:
- Shallow excavation support systems – trench boxes/lightweight shields
- Deep excavation support systems – slide rail/sheet & frame solutions/temporary propping
- Bespoke fabrications
- Providing presentations to contractors and clients
- Site installations
- CAT 1-2 Checking
- Product development
You will report to our Technical & Design Director and be responsible for:
- Ensuring that schemes provided to our clients are the most suitable to their needs, wherever possible suggesting value engineered solutions where program and/or cost savings can be made
- Supporting our UK sales team
- Previous temporary works design experience (with shoring/excavation support background preferable)
- Good level of knowledge in structural analysis and soil mechanics
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Experience with CADS Piled Wall Suite (preferable)
- Full UK Driving License
- Very Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working (working from home)
- Company Car
- Company Pension
- Private Health Care
- Profit-Sharing Scheme
- Performance Bonus (annual)
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your details and cv to.
National Trench Safety UK Ltd is an industry-leading company that designs and supplies temporary works solutions to the Civil Engineering and Construction industry across the UK and the USA.
We are an equal opportunity employer.